Sunday, July 20, 2008

laughing matters...

So Clara is constantly coming up with comments that keep us laughing. I had to share.

The other day we were making gatorade and having a casual conversation in the kitchen. A few minutes later Clara asked for some alligator in her glass. I was completely confused...until I put together the 'gator' part of her request :)

We were hanging out at Lounsbury's last week and all sitting around the island in the kitchen. Clara turns to Seth, totally out of the blue, and says, "You're just a great guy, Seth!!" Well said, Clara.

We were getting ready to say prayers one night and Clara said, "I don't want to kneel, mom. When I kneel on the carpet, my knees get all funky!!"

Clara and I were driving somewhere the other day and it was just her and I in the car. She said, "Mom, I think we are having a girls day out. Cuz you and I are the only girls here. Mom, are we having fun on our girls day out??" I guess it must not have been TOO fun if she had to ask me if we were having fun :)

We were discussing Brad being at work one day. Clara proceeded to tell me: "I want to go to work sometime. I've never been to work. I don't know what's inside work." (Clara's definition of work: a big building that says Intel).

Clara's new approach to telling me when something is wrong is, "Mom, I have a BIG problem here, " or "Mom, I have some really bad news." Thanks for the heads-up, Clara.

2 comments:

Momma Ann said...

LOVED your new blog--especially the stories about Clara. I was laughin' my head off--And Jake, hmmmmm, what could we think of to tell him? No more candy until he brushes regularly?? And Seth DOES look good as Clara said. Parabens to Max who helped. We look forward to pics of Whit when she returns.
Sister Mama Papworth

MOMD! said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I am so glad you have joined us! Your kids are so cute ... and the Clara-isms are precious! Keep 'em coming!