Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cute randomness from Clara


So yesterday Clara and I took a walk around the block to go visiting teaching.  She was set up with her babies in her doll stroller that she was insistent on pushing.   I was amazed at the many different subjects we (she) touched on in the few minutes we walked together!   This wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her....she is always coming up with all sorts of things that make me laugh.  Sometimes it is just how she says things that make them so funny!  Here's how our (her) conversation went:  

"Mom, there is a lot of noise around here!  Do you see that digger (that would be a backhoe)  across the street? That is so weird."  
"Girls (talking to her babies), this is going to be a veerrrry rocky ride so you better hold on!"  
"Mom, this stroller is lousy!"  (I have no idea where she heard the word lousy...)
"Mom, when we were at the restaurant with Grandpa there were little things of whip creme and people put that in their coffee.  That is so weird.  I don't like coffee.  We don't drink coffee...and the Bishop doesn't like it either."  
"My babies are getting soooooo tired on this ride."
"Ummm, mom?  Ya know my lipstick that I love?  Well, it is kind of messed up now.  Cuz I ate some of it.  Actually, I ate a lot of it.  Is that ok?

We then get to our visiting teaching appointment and she makes herself right at home.  The lady was very nice and accommodating and  let Clara put her babies in their perspective "beds" to take their naps, etc.  When we were getting ready to leave, Clara is holding a stuffed animal that she found at the lady's house.  She confidently says, "When I was in Oregon we went visiting teaching to another lady and I really liked a stuffed animal that she had...and she gave it to me."   She just stands there waiting for a response from this poor lady.  I was cringing with embarrassment.  The lady handled it very nicely and explained to her that she better keep this stuffed animal for when her grandkids come to visit :)  It smoothed over fine....but was just a tad awkward (especially since this is the first time I have visited her)!   Where did this child come from?  She has more boldness around strangers than all my kids put together!  

Later on I was getting in the car to take Clara to a friend's house for a play date.  It is just down the street so I said she didn't need to get buckled.  She calls me on it and says, "Mom?  Is that ok with the police if I don't get buckled??!"  Oops.  Bad mom.  

This is a very long post...but just had to share what a typical day with Clara is like :)  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!!! Really she's a dream. I wish I could freeze them at this age and keep them forever! I sure miss her! Come back soon so I can kiss her!

kathryn said...

Ahhhhhhh! Clara you make us all laugh. So funny--thanks for sharing.

john papworth said...

Cheryl, if this is a true representation of Clara day-to-day, please post every single day. I couldn't stop laughing!

MOMD! said...

Clara is so adorable! I am with John - post "Clara-isms" daily - we all need the smiles and warmth. Gary Clawson (my FAVORITE nephew) has a daughter who lives in Logan - Debi Hawkins - and her blog was full of Pumpkin Walk pictures! That looks like a great event! Debi is expecting her first baby in December... a GIRL! We are so excited!

Jolley Family said...

I love that girl! She is so funny and cute! Can't wait to see you in Dec!!!

Momma Ann said...

Honestly, that Clara is one amazing crazy girl--I still laugh when I think of all the videos Pats took of her when we were there. She definitely sounds as if she is breaking into the 'entertainment world'. She'll keep us all hopping.